The melloeX botanical extractor harnesses the benefits of liquid CO2 to extract botanicals safely and selectively.
Two words best describe melloeX, gentle and natural. melloeX uses liquid CO2, so no harsh solvents remain behind in the extracted oil. It is gentle because it works at a low temperature and retains the oil’s true profile. The oils can be used immediately because melloeX does not extract chlorophylls or waxes which require chemical treatment to separate the natural oil from unwanted components. The low working temperature also preserves the oils true profile, so post-adding flavor or fragrance components is unnecessary, the oil profile in the plant is the oil profile in the extract.
- Aerospace grade stainless steel
- No flammable solvents.
- Engineered to 4x pressure standards
- Passive device uses natural convection
- No loud pumps or motors
- Reusable, sealable storage containers
- Collect similar cuts in one container
- Inexpensive storage containers
- Labile compounds preserved for maximum benefit
- Highest recovery of fragrance and flavor (terpenes) for unbelievable quality
- Sub-critical liquid doesn’t extract waxes
- Self contained apparatus
- No solvent waste
- User guide and procedure manual included
All of these features result in a simple to use, affordable way to routinely extract botanicals for the highest quality concentrates possible. Nothing beats the melloeX. Not supercritical CO2 nor ethanol extraction can selectively extract oils and actives without contamination of waxes or chlorophylls or other unwanted materials.
How does melloeX work?
melloeX uses liquid CO2 for botanical extraction. The diagram to the right illustrates its operating principles. The source of CO2 is dry ice (solid CO2). CO2 doesn’t exist as a liquid at normal atmospheric pressure, it undergoes sublimation to CO2 gas, which is point 1 on the graph to the right. Adding dry ice (solid CO2) to melloeX and closing the lid allows the CO2 gas to form and increases the pressure inside the pressure vessel. At high pressure (800 psi or ~60 bar) CO2 is a gas (point 2).
When chilled water flows through the condenser, the CO2 gas is converted to CO2 liquid. The CO2 liquid then permeates the plant material, dissolving the oils and actives and naturally extracts them.
- Pressure vessel with 80 mL chamber
- 12 samples jars
- 10 silicone o-rings
- 10 thimbles
- Circulating chiller
- Band heater with heat gun
- Tools and accessories
- Working pressure: < 900 psi, 62 bar
- Release pressure: 1,000 psi
- Electrical 90-240 V, 50-60 Hz, 1000 W
- Footprint 24 x 18 x 24 inches (W x D x H)
- Shipping information, 3 boxes
- Pressure vessel, 28 x 8 x 8 in, 38 lbs.
- Chiller 18 x 18 x 18 in, 35 lbs.
- Stand and accessories 16 x 16 x 12, 30 lbs.